SIKKIM TEACHER ELIGIBILITY TEST- December,2015
The Human Resource Development Department will be conducting Sikkim Teacher Eligibility Test in accordance with the provision of Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE ACT 2009) and the minimum qualification laid down by NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education) for a person to be eligible for appointment as Primary Teacher for Classes I to V and for Graduate Teacher Classes VI to VIII. Hence, Human Resource Development Department invites application from the local candidates for Sikkim Teacher Eligibility Test December 2015.
· STET (Sikkim Teacher Eligibility Test) will be conducted at least twice a year.
· A person who has qualified STET may also appear again for improving his/her score in the following years.
· All candidates who pass the STET will be awarded certificate .The validity of certificate will be till he/she crosses the employability age as per the state government norms. However, it does not cover the special exemption of higher age given to the temporary in-service employees.
· A person who scores 60% or more in TET will be considered TET pass.
Important Note: Qualifying the TET would not confer any right for recruitment /employment as it is only one of the eligibility criteria for appointment.
Minimum Essential qualification (Eligibility) for STET.
The candidate having the following minimum educational qualification are eligible for appearing in STET.
1.1 Minimum educational Qualification for becoming Primary Teacher for classes I-V (Primary Stage)
· Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks for unreserved candidates and 45 % in case of SC, ST,OBC(Central),OBC(State) and passed or appearing in final year of 2 years Diploma in Elementary Education ( D. El. Ed)in December 2015.
· Senior Secondary ( or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks for unreserved candidates and 45 % in case of SC, ST, OBC(Central), OBC(State) and passed or appearing in final year of 4 years Bachelors of Elementary Education (B. El. Ed) in December 2015.
· Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 45 % in case of SC, ST, OBC(Central), OBC(State) and passed or appearing in final year of 2 years Diploma in Education ( Special Education) in December 2015.
1.2 Minimum qualification for becoming Graduate Teacher for classes VI-VIII (Elementary Stage).
· B.A./B.Sc./B. Com. (or its equivalent ) with 50% marks for unreserved candidates and 45 % in case of SC, ST,OBC(Central),OBC (State)and passed or appearing in final year of 2 years Diploma in Elementary Education (D. El. Ed.) in December 2015.
· B.A./B.Sc./B. Com. (or its Equivalent) with 50 % marks for unreserved candidates and 45 % in case of SC, ST, OBC(Central),OBC(State) and passed or appearing in final year of 1 year Bachelor in Education (B. Ed.) in December 2015.
1. A person who intends to appear in both the categories (Primary and Graduate) will have to sit in both the papers separately.
2. For the purpose of this notification, a Diploma/Degree course in teacher education recognised by National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) only shall be considered. However, in case of Diploma in Education ( Special Education) and B. Ed. ( Special Education), a course recognised by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) only shall be considered.
Pattern of Examination: TET will be of Objective type.(Multiple Choice question) There will be no negative marking. No. of MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) =150. All are compulsory. Duration of examination will be of 2:30 hrs.
Paper I (for Primary teacher for classes I to V)
Structure and Content of TET:
1. Child development and pedagogy 30MCQs 30 Marks
2. Language I 30MCQs 30 Marks
3. Language II 30MCQs 30Marks
4. Mathematics 30MCQs 30Marks
5. Environmental Studies 30MCQs 30Marks
Nature and content of Question: The test items on Child Development and Pedagogy will focus on
educational psychology of teaching and learning relevant to the age group of 6-11years.
The test items for language I will focus on the proficiencies related to the medium of instruction that is
The Language II will be from among the prescribed options other than Language I. A candidate may choose from any one of the vernaculars being taught in the schools in Sikkim from Classes I to V. The applicant will specify the language in his application form
The test items in Mathematics and Environmental studies will focus on the concepts, problem solving abilities and pedagogical understandings of the subjects prescribed for classes I to V in the state.
The questions will be based on syllabus for classes I to V, but their difficulty level, as well as linkage, will be up to the secondary stage.
Paper II (for Graduate teacher for classes VI to VIII )
Structure and content:
1, Child development and pedagogy: 30 MCQs 30 Marks
2. Language I 30 MCQs 30 Marks
3. Language II 30 MCQs 30 Marks
4. Mathematics and Science 60 MCQs 60 Marks
5. Social studies (for social studies teacher 60 MCQs 60 Marks
Nature and content of questions
· The test items on Child Development and Pedagogy will focus on educational psychology of teaching and learning, relevant to the age group 11-14 years.
· The test items for Language I will focus on the proficiencies related to the medium of instruction, that is English.
· The Language II will be a language other than Language I. The person may choose any one language from among the available options being taught in Classes VI to VIII in the schools in Sikkim. The test items in Language II will also focus on the elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities.
· The test items in Mathematics and Science will be of 30 marks each, and will focus on the concepts, problem solving abilities and pedagogical understanding of these subjects.
The test items of Social Studies will be of 60 marks evenly distributed between History, Geography and Civics as prescribed for classes VI to VIII by the state government.
The questions in the test for Paper II will be based on the topics of the prescribed syllabus of the state for classes VI to VIII but, their difficulty level as well as linkage could be up to the senior secondary stage. The question paper shall be in English and questions in vernacular will be in that vernacular.
Application form for STET will be available at HRDD website(www.sikkimhrdd.org ) and may be submitted w.e.f 2nd December 2015 to 19th December 2015 for Rs.225/- on account of exam fee may be deposited in favour of Joint Director/Exam, HRDD in any branch of IDBI Bank in the State(Account Number:0108102000006767). Bank draft from any nationalised bank will be acceptable only, if unavoidable.
Completed application forms should be submitted in Room No.308 of HRDD Secretariat from 2nd December 2015 to 19th December 2015 from 10:00 AM to 02:30 PM.
No forms will be accepted after 19th December 2015.
Admit Card will be issued to eligible candidate from 21st December to 24th December 2015.
Sikkim Teacher Eligibility Test (STET) December 2015 will be conducted on 27st December 2015 Both level I and Level II(i.e. for Primary and Graduate teacher) will be conducted on the same day.
Time: 10.00 am to 12:30 pm for (Graduate teacher)
01:30pm to 4.00 pm for (Primary teacher)